Tuesday 10 May 2011

08/05/2011


Civic Parade? An alien concept in Plymouth apparently!

What the bloody hell is going on in Plymouth? – no civic parade!? Been waiting for the open top bus up here outside Home Park all day, my speech in hand. Bloody Brendan came out and told me to eff off once or twice or he’d enforce the dispersal order.

Had to get on the open top bus tour that weaves round the Hoe with one of the missus’ hairbrushes as a makeshift microphone, ruddy £5.50 to get on, offered them 0.77 pence in the pound for the trip but they said for that they’d take me once round Bretonside. I think the old Japanese couple sat at the back really enjoyed my pearls of wisdom, taking photos with me all the time and asking if I‘d sing ‘Chim Chimereee Chimchim cheroo’ . I asked if they knew anyone interested in investing in a football club back home because there was a good opportunity in Plymouth but they both just shrugged. As I’ve said all along I don’t want a pat on the back for saving the club the way I did but, you know, a few of the lazy oiks that fork the pitch for a living could have come to show some appreciation for all my hard work this season, especially after we gave them such a lovely, state of the art, pitch to work on, and all for so much less than a jolly, er I mean business research trip to the Middle East. The son-in-law made some quip about ‘even the grassh I buy coshts more than that’ – I’ll never get the abstract Dutch humour!
He’s broken up for the holidays now so we’re going to have a real crack at the jigsaw, he’s looking forward to a well earned bit of R&R.

Seen that trouble maker Fletcher gobbing off all over the ‘Welshie Moaning News’ as I’m now calling it. Bet he’s revelling in it - bloody Commie, did you all scrub each other’s boots for Simon Jordan (now that’s a tan!) at the Palace? Yeah thought not!
Its your fault they went bust Carl Marx-Fletcher and no-one else’s!
Had Keith over for a barbecue and a wii session, he seemed to be affecting a rather crude attempt at an Irish accent all night and had insisted on bringing over a 4-pack of Guinness. When I asked him why, he claimed he’d been introduced to the black stuff by hisIrish relatives back in Killfootballclubby. I said he sounded Bally ridiculous, geddit geddit?

Saw that My Paul dusted off his wee sporran for a rare outing, oh the fun I used to have watching him swing his sporran. Near the end we used to keep the transfer kitty in there.


Is there enough left in there to get Nicolas Marin back on loan??

No comments:

Post a Comment