Tuesday 29 March 2011

29/03/2011


Above; Argyle's new investor?

What a night movie night was this week at Burj Al Derriford! All the boys came over and there were some new faces too!
After hearing about it, Keith insisted that he come over with his new mates and we all watch The Alamo (he’s suddenly decided its his favourite film) with some Doritos and dips. Even Runaway Roy was there, although there weren’t enough seats so he had to have a beanbag.


Keith had his new friend Heaney with him - I told him I really liked his poems and that we should get together and jam sometime. If I’m honest he looked a lot like the Crazy Frog so I warmed to him instantly - how I used to love that frog. Apparently his girlfriend might be able to get me Roman Abramovich’s number too! Keith tells me that he used to run a really successful company called Cornish Hovels until they ran out of Wattle and Daub or something. He’s saved just enough of it though for ‘The Big Plan’ (which I think was Keith’s real reason for coming over).


They’ve got this idea of turning Home Park into the first 100 000 seat Wattle and Daub stadium (‘Nothing in the Taylor Report about Wattle and Daub or thatched cantilever roofs’ Keith chimed). Then, to boost crowds on a Saturday we’ll have Truro and Argyle playing at the same time - Keith is an innovator it has to be said. He also wants the ground to stage the Highland Games in 2020, I always knew he was a bit of a tosser (caber tossing that is).


King of the Wild Frontier

After the film we went out into the garden as it was still light and re-enacted The Alamo. There was an argument before it was decided that mine and not Keith’s hairdo looks more like Davy Crockett’s hat and as its my house I got to be him. I'm a lot like Davy Crokett really - you know, man of the people and all that. You know apparently John Wayne lost the personal investment he made in the film The Alamo - idiot! We changed the ending though and instead of the dastardly Mexicans storming the fort and killing us all we held it firm against them and after finishing off every last one of them we went back inside for a slap up Dominos, Texas BBQ flavour of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment