Thursday 10 March 2011

10/03/2011


Bog Snorkelling - Is this one revenue 'stream' too many?


Well it seems that Little Pete is having some sort of car boot sale, selling off his old Everton socks, some knick knacks from Thailand and stuff. He’s such a thrifty fellow - if you don’t need it sell it, just like I say - wonder what he’s saving up for!?
Inspired me really, got on the phone to Keith to see if he wanted to try flogging some of the World Cup 2018 tat that we had made next time the Car Boot is on down Stonehouse Creek and going halves on the profit. But he said he was thinking of selling it all on eBay and needed the money himself, he was very cagey as to why though. ‘All you did was pooh pooh the World Cup bid you naysayer’ he said. ‘Don’t come running to me for a cut when Home Park hosts the World Bog Snorkelling Championships.’ He’s an odd boy.


Looked out in the garage for any other rubbish I could make a quick buck on. Found loads! Stockpiles of Ian Hollyway autobiographies - ha how the mighty have fallen! I mean Blackpool, what a sordid little grief hole. Bet he’s on the slot machine’s day and night, the greedy little sod. Not half the read that My Championship Diary is, but then, My Paul always had a way with words that Ian could never compare with. Its like Dostoyevsky v Archer - everyone knows Archer is the far more superior author. Really struggling to get into the Koran though, at this rate I’ll never find out who done it.


Talking of World Cups - Cricket World Cup - fantastic isn’t it? - I don’t like Cricket, I love it me! Been watching loads of it with the son in law sat on the sofa together. Ah the sound of leather on leather - squeaky. But back to the Cricket, brought a whole Cricket Club once - haven’t seen a game there yet but I plan to this summer - anyone know where I can get a fixture list? The son in law introduced me to the sport actually - apparently one of his mates is big on Cricket, Beefy some-one or other? He’s always ringing Marce and asking for him to pop up to Taunton with some more of his schpeshials.



Hartlepools at the weekend then - bit of a trek so I’ll be tuning in to Sparky with the rest of you while playing the Jeff Stelling drinking game with the missus - cant wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment