Tuesday 8 March 2011

08/03/2011


'Tango Man?' The cheek!

Goooooaaal El Faaaaloni!

Totally amazing - I was there with you all celebrating. Well I had a great view of the Nicholas Lyndhurst stand (why do they call it that again?) jumping to their feet to celebrate. I found this beautiful little spot where those gates that let the Ambulances in are, kind of where the hinges are. Great big gap there - lets you see a whole fifth of the pitch.
Didn’t get my bloody ticket in the post again did I? - bloody Royal Mail. Got another one of those crazy envelopes with a Tokyo postmark with a few weird looking coins on with that oriental stick like writing on them though. Putting them all in the piggy bank to take down Thomas Cook when I book my next jolly, er I mean business trip, get it all exchanged.

Tried ‘Keith’s gap’ under the gate on the Grandstand side but Bloody Brendan was there waiting. ‘Keith tipped me off for a ticket and some green face paint so he could get in ye wee little eejit’ he said, kicking me repeatedly as I tried to wedge myself back out from under the gate.’You know where the ticket office is ye effin tango man’ he said. Funny thing is now that I think of it I have no idea where the ticket office is, can anyone send me a map please? Just post it to Baulus Bin Derriford, c/o Burj Al Derriford, the postman knows who I am, I pop 50p under some tape on the door at Christmas for him.

The one down side of the game was watching that bloody Communist Fletcher milking it with his bandage on. I always knew the Welsh were an antagonistic people. His name is mud in our house I tell you.
So they’re calling it the Great Escape on PASTITTI.com. I know because the eldest is on it all the time, we’ve had to fit the monitor with an ‘anti-glare screen’ on the advice of an Ophthalmologist. When they said anti-glare I thought they were referring to the looks on her face as she looked at the computer, but apparently its to reduce the brightness of the screen. Started penning my speech for the civic parade - ‘We couldn’t afford days like this, but Inshallah we survived!’

Settling down in bed now to read some more of ‘Paul Sturrock’s Championship Diary’ - I’ve read it 154 times now!

No comments:

Post a Comment