Monday 7 March 2011

07/03/2011




Well what a great a week its been!
We've introduced 'Movie Night' in the Bin Derriford household!

Also -  SCREW YOU SHEFFIELD! – That’s one in the eye for the northern sods who treated My Paul so shabbily. I phoned Little Pete, told him there’s a bonus in it if you beat that lot – I’ll see to that, a Dubai souvenir pencil for anyone who scores. Didn’t expect us to go & bloody get four – hope young John Mason doesn’t want 2, I’ve only got 3! They’re well flash though, shaped like the Burj Al Khalifa.


Well the son in law is really miffed. Now that Big Bad Brendan’s in charge Little Pete is making him run up and down during training. He said to me ‘I told that Brendan ‘Your not the boshh of me’, but he clipped me round the, how you say ‘Lug hole’ and told me to go and kick ze football up and down a bit more, jeeesh they don’t pay me enough for thish!’
I got on the phone to Brendan & told him to go easy on the lad but all I got was a foul-mouthed tirade. ‘Eff off ye effin eejit’ I think he said at the end.

For my money Brendan looks a bit like a haggard hung-over Colin Firth and far more sweary. Funnily enough me and the missus and the son in law settled down to watch that ‘King’s Speech’ for the inaugural 'Movie Night'. Marce had it on an Asda recordable DVD. ‘Its already been releeshed on DVD in Antwerp Blockbushtersh’, he told us. We put the jigsaw to one side, cosied up on the sofa and passed a ‘schpeshial’ around between us. The climax of the film reminded me so much of my own epic unveiling on the Civic Centre Balcony. That day I emerged like the butterfly I am from my chrysalis to soak up the adoration of my public. That day I was ‘The King of Plymouth’. Well looking forward to the Swinton game tomorrow, had to go down the Centre Spot to ask where my ticket was. Usually it comes through the letter box as if by magic. I have to sift through drifts of other ‘junk’ mail marked ‘Final Reminder’ to find it, but there it always is in its little gold leaf envelope. Was quite perturbed by its non-appearance this week.
Got down the Centre Spot & found it eerily deserted – what’s going on? Were those bone idle Janners too lazy to open up today? I was there banging on the bloody door 20 minutes. I rang Big Pete to ask him if he knew what was afoot but all he said was ‘got my ticket buddy’ in a stupid voice.


Even tried that Surf118.com but they're out of freebies. Scrounging Janners - always want something for nothing!!

Its all right though because Keith gave me some really good advice about some large gaps under the gates that I could roll under tomorrow night if the worst comes to the worst and he said I could borrow his rattle so that I fit in with the riff raff.

No comments:

Post a Comment